Anti-Bully Specialist ATS and MVSMrs. Julie ProfitoEmail: email@example.comTitle: Guidance CounselorPhone Ext.: 908.852.1894 x171
Anti-Bully Coordinator DistrictMs. Jennifer GalleglyEmail: firstname.lastname@example.orgTitle: PrincipalPhone Ext.: 908.852.1894 x101
Please find the ATSD Board Policy on Harassment, Intimidation and Bullying (HIB) by clicking here.If you were directed to read ATSD Board Policy on HIB, please read the document at the link above and complete the policy acknowledgement found at the link below.
ATSD HIB POLICY ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
The Board of Education prohibits acts of harassment, intimidation, or bullying of a pupil. A safe and civil environment in school is necessary for pupils to learn and achieve high academic standards. Harassment, intimidation, or bullying, like other disruptive or violent behaviors, is conduct that disrupts both a pupil’s ability to learn and a school’s ability to educate its pupils in a safe and disciplined environment. Since pupils learn by example, school administrators, faculty, staff and volunteers should be commended for demonstrating appropriate behavior, treating others with civility and respect, and refusing to tolerate harassment, intimidation, or bullying.
The school Anti-Bullying Specialist shall:
· Chair the School Safety Team as provided in N.J.S.A. 18A:37-21;
· Lead the investigation of incidents of harassment, intimidation, or bullying in the school; and
· Act as the primary school official responsible for preventing, identifying, and addressing incidents of harassment, intimidation, or bullying in the school.
The district Anti-Bullying Coordinator shall:
· Be responsible for coordinating and strengthening the school district's policies to prevent, identify, and address harassment, intimidation, or bullying of pupils;
· Collaborate with school Anti-Bullying Specialists in the district, the Board of Education, and the Superintendent to prevent, identify, and respond to harassment, intimidation, or bullying of pupils in the district;
· Provide data, in collaboration with the Superintendent, to the Department of Education regarding harassment, intimidation, or bullying of pupils;
· Execute such other duties related to school harassment, intimidation, or bullying as requested by the Superintendent; and
· Meet at least twice a school year with the school Anti-Bullying Specialist(s) to discuss and strengthen procedures and policies to prevent, identify, and address harassment, intimidation, and bullying in the district.