TITLE I STUDENT-PARENT COMPACT
The Allamuchy Township School District, and the parents of the students participat-
ing in activities, services, and programs funded by Title I, Part A of the Elementary
and Secondary Education Act (ESEA) (participating children), agree that this com-
pact outlines how the parents, the entire school staff, and the students will share the
responsibility for improved student academic achievement and the means by which
the school and parents will build and develop a partnership that will help children
achieve the State’s high standards. This school-parent compact is in effect during
school year 2011-2012..
The Allamuchy Township School will:
1. Provide high-quality cur riculum and instruction in a supportive and effective
learning environment that enables the participating children to meet the State’s
student academic achievement standards.
2. Hold annual parent-teacher conferences during which this compact will be
discussed as it relates to the individual child’s achievement.
3. Provide parents with frequent reports on their children’s progress by sending
quarterly progress reports and report cards.
4. Provide parents reasonable access to staff by accommodating scheduled conferences,
providing staff e-mail, and maintaining phone systems.
5. Provide parents opportunities to volunteer and participate in their child’s class.
We, as parents, will support our children’s learning in the following ways:
• Monitoring attendance.
• Making sure that homework is completed.
• Monitoring amount of television their children watch.
• Volunteering in my child’s classroom.
• Participating, as appropriate, in decisions relating to my children’s education.
• Promoting positive use of my child’s extracur ricular time.
• Staying informed about my child’s education and communicating with the school
by promptly reading all notices from the school or the school district either
received by my child or by mail and responding, as appropriate.
• Serving, to the extent possible, on policy advisory groups.