March is Career Education Month
In the past, Mrs. Profito and Miss. Megan has gone into the classroom to help jumpstart the career and college mindset.
Kindergarten to Fourth Grade
- We discuss different careers that are local to our families
- Examples are: Police officer, nurse, teacher, dentist, retail worker
- Basic information is shared on each job
- Approximate salary
- Years of schooling
- General description
Fifth Grade to Seventh Grade
- Students take different career inventories based on their age level
- These career inventories help students explore different careers that they may have interest in
Due to the school having a closure due to health related reasons, we wanted to give you some ideas to discuss with your student(s).
What can we do at home to help aid these conversations?
- Promote positive career/trade talk
- Discuss your own career/trade path with your child(ren)
- Encourage conversations with your family members and student(s) to discuss their career path
- Allow your student(s) time to research different careers/trades
Why is it important to have these conversations?
- These conversations allow career/trade explorations
- They encourage our student(s) to believe in themselves and have open dialogue with their family members
- These conversations will also assist with college exploration and the possible education path that can assist with high school planning